Be A Superhero with Superfoods for Your Pet!
By Brooke Sloate
There are two types of nutrients when we talk about food. There are macronutrients, which are proteins, carbohydrates and fats – the source of calories. Then there are micronutrients which are vitamins and minerals, all those little things that help your cells on a very micro level to function. These different types of vitamins and minerals, even though you only need them in very tiny amounts, help support immune function, and are vital to overall good health.
So what is Superfood?
Superfoods are nutrient-rich ‘whole foods’ that pack large doses of antioxidants, phytonutrients (nutrients derived from plants), and vitamins and minerals (the nutrients the body needs to function properly – to boost the immune system and promote cell and organ health). Anyone focused on making healthy choices at mealtime looks for ways to add some of these superfoods to their plates at every meal. We choose to add them to our diet because we know they will make a difference in our health and make us feel good. Studies actually show that ‘people’ who eat more superfoods are healthier than those who don't.
Well, the same goes for making healthy choices for our pets. Adding superfoods to their bowls at every meal helps to support their immune system and keeps them healthy from the inside out – at the cellular level, thereby helping them fight off diseases.
Our pets are 100% dependent upon their human to choose what gets put in their bowl to help them thrive and benefit from healthier choices. So who wouldn’t want to be their pet’s super hero by adding superfoods to every meal?
Of course, it would also help if you didn’t need the “powers” of a superhero to make them eat those healthy choices! At pawTree®, we understand and have developed a line of superfood seasonings with 8 different fruits and vegetables (superfoods), a proprietary vitamin and mineral blend, and premium freeze-dried meat proteins they love and crave. Just a few shakes of one of our seasonings provide the superpowers of these 8 superfoods:
· Kale is a super healthy green. It’s a very good source of vitamin B6, dietary fiber, calcium, potassium, vitamin E, vitamin B2, iron, magnesium, vitamin B1, omega-3 fatty acids phosphorus, protein, folate, and niacin.
· Tomatoes are loaded with lycopene and contain high amounts of potassium, fiber, and vitamin C.
· Pumpkin is a very nutrient dense food. It’s a good source of Vitamin E (Alpha Tocopherol), Thiamin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Folate, Iron, Magnesium and Phosphorus, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Riboflavin, Potassium, Copper and Manganese.
· Carrots are rich in beta-carotenes, and a very good source of Vitamin A, biotin, vitamin K, dietary fiber, potassium, vitamin B6, and vitamin C
· Sweet Potatoes are a good source of Beta Carotene
· Cranberries and Blueberries are good sources of potassium, vitamin C, and fiber, and are loaded with antioxidants.
· Pomegranates are high in vitamins C and K, and polyphenols (antioxidants)
What difference will superfoods make in my pet’s health?
· Keep their skin and coat healthy
· Are good for their digestive tract
· Are helpful for their eyes
· Are beneficial to all of their organs
· Optimize your pet’s overall health
Why does my pet need Superfoods when I feed a quality food?
That’s a good question! When any food is processed, some of the nutritional goodness is lost through processing. Therefore, we need to supplement to get that goodness back into our diet. We as humans know that and take daily vitamins and minerals. It’s the same for our dogs and cats. It’s often difficult to get our pets to eat fruits and vegetables, but it’s not difficult to get them to eat these delicious seasonings! pawPairings® Superfood Seasoning is an easy way for pet parents to ensure their pets eat well and feel well on a daily basis, by providing a boost of nutrition from vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
It’s the perfect topper for ANY pet food – wet or dry. And because it’s not the mainstay of their meal (you’re only sprinkling a little on top of their base diet), it won’t cause any tummy upset! So you can feed them a different variety at every meal – they’ll love it!
At pawTree® we are committed to providing pet parents with a line of premium products to help pets thrive. Look for products from pawTree that include the ingredients listed above, including our pawPairings® Superfood Seasonings in an assortment of varieties, for both dogs and cats.
Brooke Sloate, Director of Product Development at pawTree LLC, is passionate about solving problems for pets and creating products that truly make a difference to pet parents.
With over 20 years of experience in the pet industry working for a variety of pet companies prior to pawTree®, including Nature's Variety®, Hill’s®, Mars®, Petmate®, Applica® and Sergeant's®, Brooke has developed a wide range of innovative pet products including pet food, treats, and pet accessories.
Brooke loves pets! She enjoys the unconditional love of her family of Shih Tzus and responds by spoiling them every chance she gets!
pawPairings® Superfood Seasonings